Welcome to your Pokemon adventure at EIA! We want to encourage all passengers who are playing the game to enjoy themselves within the terminal, while also being mindful of safety and security. Any unauthorized access into restricted areas will result in criminal charges, regardless of the reason.
We're an airport first and foremost, so please pay attention to your surroundings. Based on the locations of our Pokestops and Gyms, there is no reason for you to try to enter or exit any secure location; most of the stops can only be accessed from a specific location (see list below).
There is no Pokemon activity anywhere outside the terminal on airside. There are, however, two gyms at the Esso and 7-11 along Airport Road.
With the latest update to the game, there are now a bunch of wild pokemon at EIA. Catch 'em all while you're here, but be mindful that you're still in an airport. Message us on social media with your catches, and we might even come down to your location and drop a lure!
There are seven pokestops at EIA:
- At the entrance to the skywalk connecting the terminal to the Renaissance Hotel.
- In HALO Bar + Bistro
- At the Airplane Display (between the KLM and WestJet check-in counters)
- In Central Hall (also accessible from the Observation Deck pre-security)
- At the Telus World of Science Display in the north end of the Domestic/International Departures Lounge
- The Helix Art in the Domestic/International Departures Lounge
- At the Kopperscape art display in the US Departures Lounge
There are two gyms at EIA, both located within the Domestic/International Departures Lounge:
- Near Cookies by George
- Near WokBox