Contact your airline in advance to determine the airline's policy on passengers travelling with pets.
When going through security please keep the following in mind:
- Remove your pet from its carrying case and send the carrying case through the screening equipment.
- Hold your pet in your arms and proceed through the metal detector.
- Take your pet out of its cage or carrier if it is being transported in the belly hold of the aircraft. A Screening Officer will screen the cage or carrier separately.
- Be responsible for your pet and its behaviour throughout the screening process.
Pet Relief Areas
For service animals or travelling pets there are pet relief areas available outside of Arrivals Level 1:
- Just outside of door 10 to the south
- Outside the north-west corner of the Easy Parkade (near metered parking and Rendez-vous) across from door 3
- Just outside of door 1 to the north
Picking up a Pet from Cargo
To pick up a pet arriving into Edmonton International Airport (EIA) as Cargo on a Domestic flight, customers must proceed directly to the appropriate air carrier company located off-terminal (see addresses below) and simply pick up the pet.
To pick up a pet arriving into EIA as Cargo on an International flight, customers must first proceed to the appropriate Air Carrier company located off terminal (See addresses below) to pick up the paperwork. The paperwork must then be cleared by Canada Border Services Agency in one of the following two ways:
- Customers may proceed to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Commercial Office located at 100, 1727 35th Avenue East between the hours of 08:00 - 16:00 (Monday - Friday).
- To clear the paperwork outside of the above hours of operation, customers must proceed to the CBSA Office located in the Terminal Building on the south end of the Arrivals level in the vicinity of door 10.
Once the paperwork is cleared, customers may return to the Air Carrier company located along the Service Road (off-terminal) and pick up their pet.
Cargo Air Carriers for Pets:
Air Canada Cargo
Phone: 780 890 8121 or 1 800 387 4865
Address: 3695 - 47 Avenue East, Edmonton International Airport, AB T9E 0V4
Web: Air Canada Cargo
Braden Burry Expediting (BBE)
Phone: 780 890 8611 or 780 890 7415
Address: 1759 35 Avenue East, Edmonton International Airport, AB T9E 0V6
Web: BBE Contact Us
Live Cargo is handled at this location (BBE) for the following airlines: